Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Victory!

Yesterday, something happened that made me "jump up and shout" happy. I know it is a trivial thing, but it made me smile; I am still smiling! My three-year old daughter said, "This banana is healthful." In an earlier conversation with her, I had mentioned the distinction between the use of the words "healthy" and "healthful." She not only listened, but also applied what we talked about! Any time a child learns a lesson, it is cause to rejoice for a homeschooling parent, but this was especially sweet because my young child is exhibiting a better use of the English language than many people. Dr. Chapman (my teacher for Advance Grammar and Composition) would be very proud; I am very proud!

2 comments:

  1. Oh. My Goodness. That sweet, sweet girl is my hero. Can she please come teach composition for me?

    ReplyDelete