Thursday, January 12, 2012

On the road again. . .

So, the diagnosis of the first doctor was overruled by the second. Thanks to the second opinion, I am up and running again, at least in theory. Now, the challenge seems to be finding the time to fit in the exercises from the physical therapist and also the miles needed to build up to a 50K in just fifteen weeks. Yikes! This all comes at a time, when progress in homeschooling is attempting to grind to a halt despite my most valiant efforts, the spring cleaning/decorating bug is biting hard, and life just seems to be spinning faster than my head. Is that even possible?

And so, I just have to step back and ask that God will guide my days and my thoughts. One of those thoughts that has been brought to my mind over and over again is that in the midst of my days, I desire to make my God beautiful in the sight of my children and husband. How? I think that for me, that is a matter of joy. Joy that isn't limited by my control of the details of the days, but that is rooted in my relationship with the One who has written my days and knows their number. So, perhaps the most important road that I walk today will be the one that is walked in the quiet of my closet. That road takes courage and discipline as great as any other.

1 comment:

  1. More courage and discipline if you ask me...walk boldly!

    ReplyDelete