Sunday, May 13, 2012

Not Even a Queen

We celebrated Mother's Day early, so I wasn't expecting much today, but in church this afternoon, our pastor asked if anyone wanted to share something about their mothers. My three oldest all had something to say. I am thankful for a church that values children and gives them a voice (not just on Mother's Day.) I also thought about the verse that says, "Her children will rise up and call her blessed." What a blessing their words were to my heart! I also greatly appreciated the delightfully fragrant bouquet that they picked for me. My kitchen is filled with the scent of the lovely blossoms right now. I thank God for the opportunity that I have to be the wife of a good man and the mother of his precious children. I am blessed beyond words to be in the place. I wouldn't even trade places with a queen.

1 comment: