Thursday, April 25, 2013

Promised Land

When I was younger, I often wondered how the Israelites could be so dense as they wandered in the wilderness. As I read the Old Testament, I often thought that if I had seen the hand of God as clearly as it was shown to Israel, that I would have responded in faith and obedience. That was then; this is now. Today, I was reminded AGAIN that I care too much about what others think. It was just a trip to town to run errands, but when I came home, I was nearly in tears over several imagined judgments that others might have made. I know not to place too much value on the opinions of those who do not know all the facts. I know that my value and worth is determined by my position in Christ. I know that He will be my final Judge and that His judgement is right. That thought is both comfort and motivation. He knows my true heart. All the things that I think that I hide from others, He knows. He loves me, and He will rightly judge me. It is with that realization that the righteous tears of repentance fall. He is the One that I ought to strive to please. Truths that I've known, but that get buried in the swirling chaos of this wilderness. Someday, by God's great grace, He will bring me to His promised land, and my filthy rags will be traded for His glorious robes of righteousness.

1 comment: