Friday, September 30, 2011

"I Don't Like the Sauce."

Sometimes, my children complain. Last night at dinner, my daughter expressed her opinion about the spaghetti sauce on her plate. I leaned in and taking her face in my hands, I gently reminded her of our conversation earlier in the day about how we need to be thankful for food to fill our tummies. We talked about how even food that we don't enjoy eating is better than none at all. Thinking back to her struggle with the sauce I thought about all the other food items on her plate that she really enjoyed. It was convicting to me that I can look at a "plate" full of "food" and yet complain. There are days that I wish that my plate were not as full. But when I take a step back and think of all that would have to happen for the plate to empty, I reconsider. I am humbled that My Father thinks that I can handle all that He has dished up for me. I am thankful for each hug, each "Mommy, I need. . . ," and each opportunity to create relationship with my husband and children. I am again thankful that God is willing to keep teaching me. I am thankful that He uses the little tools in His tool box. Today, I will be thankful for the things that fill my plate and consider that without them, my life would be very empty indeed.

2 comments: