Saturday, October 8, 2011

First

Today, was the first snowfall of this winter. I love snow! I got to run my first trail run. It also happened to be my first half marathon. I've wanted to go that distance for quite some time, but this was my first opportunity. It was my first time running in Cheyenne Mountain State Park. Beautiful! Especially with the snow! Today was also, my baby boy's first birthday. Thank you, God, for the blessings that you have generously heaped on me. Thank you for the life of Luke, and all that he means to our family. Thank you for your undeserved goodness in our lives. Thank you for firsts that we can celebrate and rejoice in. Thank you for legs to run, for the beauty of your creation; thank you for your majesty, your control of all, for your perfect plan, for the ways that you care for the world that you made and the people that you put into it. Thank you for caring for me. I am humbled at your consideration of me and the things that concern me.

2 comments: